Friday, February 13, 2015

Busyness

One good thing about being very busy is not having a chance to buy anything...

It also means you don't get a chance to post to a blog very much.  Now that I've caught up a bit, I'm having a chance to post.

It's been a month and a half so far, and I haven't bought anything (according to the rules).  Interestingly enough, it hasn't been that hard.   Occasionally I have had to remind myself that I'm not buying anything, but, other than that, not too bad.  I've actually had thoughts that I could keep this going for quite a while, maybe longer than a year.  It is only a month and half, so, I don't want to speak too soon...

One thing I have noticed:  it actually is just as much (or more) fun buying for someone else than for yourself.  I know it's a trite saying, but I have really gotten just as much out of buying for other people as I have for buying for myself.  I probably wouldn't have noticed this had I not intentionally stopped buying for myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment